Manage episode 326837333 series 2030630
Dr. Shanna Swan (@drshannaswan) is the Professor of Environmental Medicine and Public Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and the author of Count Down: How Our Modern World Is Threatening Sperm Counts, Altering Male and Female Reproductive Development, and Imperiling the Future of the Human Race.
What We Discuss with Dr. Shanna Swan:
- Why has sperm count among men in Western countries decreased by over 50 percent in the past four decades?
- What can increasing reproductive problems in the animal kingdom tell us about diminishing human fertility?
- The same chemicals that cause reproductive decline are responsible for the obesity epidemic.
- What are some of the best practices we can personally observe for recovering from some of the most common fertility issues we face?
- What steps can society take today to ensure we have enough of a population to constitute a society tomorrow?
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/658
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss our conversation with Ishmael Beah, a former child soldier and New York Times bestselling author? Get caught up with episode 622: Ishmael Beah | Memoirs of a Boy Soldier here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!