Manage episode 276151197 series 2588128
Today, I am grateful to have here with me, Krissy and Dwayne Schofield, a husband and wife team who have become passionate about optimizing their health and sharing their self-experimentation and biohacking animal-based nutrition journey with others. But it wasn't that long ago that they found themselves at their unhealthiest point.
Over the last year, Krissy and Dwayne both have had the opportunity to improve their health in ways they didn't think possible. Now, they feel ten years younger and, in many ways, look better than they did back then. Krissy and Dwayne's journeys involved a lot of personal experimentation, also known as "biohacking." It has become one of their passions to discover new "health hacks" to help them continue to feel their best and share their progress and tips with others.
They understand everyone is different, and the best way to determine what works for each individual is to experiment yourself. Krissy and Dwayne's goal is to help inspire others to discover their health potential while they continue to share their journey to infinite health.
In this episode, Krissy and Dwayne dive into their journey of following the vegan diet and eventually finding the carnivore diet. After following the carnivore diet, Krissy and Dwayne found that their health problems vanished, their moods improved, and they have never looked better. Dwayne explains the importance of eating organ meat and fat. The vitamins and minerals that animals eat from plants are stored in the fats. So, when you eat fat, you'll get those vitamins and minerals. Stay tuned as Dwayne and Krissy answer questions from the Keto Kamp listeners, including the best portion sizes for a carnivore diet.
➡️ Keto Kamp Membership for only $5: http://www.startketokamp.com
▸ 🎁 FREE KETO KAMP BLUEPRINT: http://www.ketokampblueprint.com
// E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil): http://www.purelifescience.com Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee: http//:www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at checkout for 10% off
[02:25] About Krissy Schofield
- After trying a vegan and vegetarian diet, Krissy felt better at first, but then her health started to decline.
- Krissy was deficient in iron and vitamin D. She also developed chronic fatigue and chronic pain, was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis started to get skin issues and eczema patches for the first time in her life.
- Krissy added eggs back into her diet, and eventually, Krissy felt an overwhelming feeling to eat a hamburger for the first time in years. So she did! Krissy felt so amazing afterward and had so much energy that she decided to add the meat back into her diet because she knew her body was trying to tell her something.
[13:10] About Dwayne Schofield
- Dwayne had several kidney stone attacks (some had to be surgically removed), chronic acid reflux, asthma attacks (one caused hospitalization), huge eczema patches, very low energy, and was at his highest ever weight.
- Dwayne knew things needed to change, and they needed to change fast.
- After doing some research, Dwayne found Dr. Ken Berry and liked his message.
- When Dwayne tried carnivore, his eczema completely healed, his asthma gone, and the kidney stones were eliminated.
- Plus, with the carnivore diet, Dwayne lost seventy pounds, his eyes turned blue, and it cured him of food addictions.
- Dwayne’s life has totally changed in ways he never thought possible since adopting the carnivore WOE, and his health has never been better.
[35:30] The Importance of a Healthy Metabolism
- Most people do not have a healthy metabolism.
- Pull sugar out of your diet altogether to get to where you need to be.
- Depending on where your health is at, then you may need to be more extreme with your lifestyle changes. For instance, get rid of all plant products for a certain period of time. Later, you can add plants back into your diet.
- You may enjoy your new lifestyle so much that you won’t want to reintroduce those foods back into your diet.
[41:05] Getting On Board With Carnivore
- After Dwayne was on the carnivore diet for three months, Krissy got on board.
- Once Krissy tried carnivore for three months, 95% of her symptoms had gone away.
- The brain fog was the first thing that went away for Krissy. Honestly, she felt stupid on most days. Now, she can have intelligent conversations at all hours of the day.
- For the first time in her life, Krissy wasn’t craving anything. Why mess with something that is working so well?
[46:35] Balancing Your Omega-6
- Some people will find their omega-6 levels get too high when they eat pork.
- If your omega-6 levels are too high, then inflammation can start.
- It depends on the person to know if they should be eating pork or not.
- You can play around with your diet.
[48:50] Portion Size On Carnivore
- Prioritize protein levels.
- Dwayne and Krissy will eat 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.
- It will also depend on how many times you are eating a day.
- Dwayne and Krissy will each eat a 16 oz steak for their meals.
[53:30] Overcoming Diarrhea or Constipation
- Magnesium will help with both.
- If you have diarrhea, you may be eating too much rendered fats.
- Bring up your stomach acid to help with these issues.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode:
- Check out Our Infinite Health
- Follow Krissy and Dwayne Schofield
- Listen to Our Infinite Health
- Join theKeto Kamp Academy
- WatchKeto Kamp on YouTube
// R E S O U R C E S
➡️ Keto Kamp Membership for only $5: http://www.startketokamp.com
➡️The World's Best Olive Oil | Get a $39 Bottle For a $1: http://www.ketokampoliveoil.com
☕Healthiest Coffee: http://www.ketokampcoffee.com Use "ketokamp" for 10% off
➡️Keto Kamp Apparel: http://www.ketokampgear.com
*Some Links Are Affiliates*
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any possible adverse effects from the use of information contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast does not make any representations or warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed physician.