Manage episode 255611576 series 2468394
A work environment that stifles ideas and inhibits people from asking for help or sharing problems is a symptom of fear-based leadership.
Psychological safety, on the other hand, is a sense of permission for candor at work.
What we talked about:
- What a psychologically safe workplace looks like
- Examples of fear-based leadership versus asking good questions
- How to create a climate of psychological safety
- Emotional intelligence helps leaders promote psychological safety
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- The Fearless Organization by Amy C. Edmondson
- What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team
Check out the full podcast with Amy C. Edmondson by clicking here.
If you don’t use Apple Podcasts as your audio player, you can also find every episode at this link.