413: Surprising gut health offenders way beyond diet | Father of functional medicine Jeff Bland, Ph.D.
Manage episode 332374191 series 2428356
Jeff Bland, Ph.D.: “Our diets can mark our genes.”
Bland, the father of functional medicine, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the surprising factors that can mess with your gut health, plus:
- How functional medicine has evolved & where it's headed (~00:45)
- Why your well-being depends on the well-being of the planet (~11:59)
- Environmental criteria to look for when shopping for food & clothes (~17:31)
- How your social behaviors can alter your gut microbiome (~25:37)
- How to change your genetic destiny (~30:59)
Referenced in the episode:
- Learn more about Big Bold Health.
- Follow Big Bold Health on Instagram.
- A study showing Oura ring can help spot signals associated with COVID.
- Paul Hawken's Drawdown.
- mbg Podcast episode #253, with Patrick Hanaway, M.D.
- Learn more about Solarea Bio.
- A study showing how stressful environments can alter the gut microbiome.
- News story about research for obesity genes.