Manage episode 292413668 series 2712614
Hello and welcome to episode 280 of The Mindful Kind podcast.
In this episode, you'll discover some ways to cope with sadness. First, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Sadness can be a normal experience and it's not something you have to ignore or push away
- If you feel prolonged or intense sadness, it can be very helpful to check in with a mental health professional
- Sadness won't always follow a "normal" pattern or make sense
- There are also benefits of feeling sad (click here to check out an article about it)
Now, here are some strategies for dealing with sadness:
- Acknowledge when you're feeling sad (without judgement)
- Create time and space to slow down and do small, nice things that create pleasure
- Talk about how you feel with someone you trust
If you're not sure who to talk to about sadness, I highly recommend my sponsor, BetterHelp, an online counselling service. Head over to betterhelp.com/themindfulkind to receive 10% off your first month.
Make sure you tune into the episode to discover some bonus strategies for coping with sadness from my wonderful Instagram community.
Thank you so much for listening and I hope you have a wonderful week, Mindful Kind.