Manage episode 278497809 series 60566
Navigating the challenges our world is facing right now can be incredibly emotional. Emotions like fear, overwhelm, anxiety, and uncertainty have become daily occurrences for some folks. How we interpret and deal with those emotions impacts how we show up in our relationships, our careers, and our health.
On this episode of The Model Health Show, Dr. Susan David is back to discuss the importance of practicing emotional agility amidst a pandemic. Dr. Susan David is an award-winning psychologist, expert on emotions, and TED Talk sensation. She’s here to share her expertise on normalizing and processing difficult emotions, the importance of self-compassion, and how to better navigate your relationships during stressful times.
I hope this episode will help you build emotional agility so that you can handle whatever life throws your way. Because our bodies are a manifestation of our emotions, this topic exudes into every area of our lives. The way that we deal with our emotions matters, and it’s an area we can all constantly improve.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What emotional agility is, and why it’s so essential right now.
- The definition of forced positivity.
- How emotion suppression can lead to higher levels of anxiety and depression.
- The main function of our emotions, and how they can help us adapt.
- How hustle culture negatively impacts our emotions.
- The importance of normalizing difficult emotions.
- What bottling and brooding are.
- The main question you should ask yourself when you experience difficult emotions.
- How we can shift the conversation around mental health.
- The importance of practicing gentle acceptance.
- How practicing self-compassion can help you through challenges.
- Tactile strategies you can use to remind yourself of your humanness.
- How to step into greater levels of emotional agility in your relationships.
- What it means to bring breadth and depth into your conversations.
- How to better label your emotions.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Use code MODEL for an additional 10% off Black Friday deals which will include up 50% off your favorite products!
- Onnit.com/model -- Get your optimal health supplements at 10% off!
- Embracing Change & Gaining Emotional Agility with Dr. Susan David – Episode 185
- TED Talk: The Gift and Power of Emotional Courage by Dr. Susan David
- The Emotional Agility Quiz
- Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change and Thrive in Work and Life
- Connect with Dr. Susan David Website / Facebook / Instagram
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation