Manage episode 303755024 series 60566
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only though experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
No matter who you are, where you come from, or what your goals are, you’re bound to face some heavy challenges throughout your life. But no matter what life throws your way, what matters most is your mindset and your trust in your capabilities to not only survive—but thrive.
Today’s guest is the incredible Inky Johnson. Inky is a motivational speaker and former college football player with an incredible story of strength and resilience. On this episode of The Model Health Show, he’s sharing powerful stories of overcoming adversity, finding purpose, and growing through struggles. This episode contains valuable lessons on determination, relationships, personal growth, and so much more.
Inky’s story is a profound testament to our ability to persevere, and I hope this story resonates with you. As always, I hope you are reminded of your power, your ability to affect change and face challenges head-on and to live a fulfilling, purpose-driven life. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The difference between focusing on the product and focusing on the process.
- Why having a strong sense of purpose can keep you going.
- How a life-changing injury shifted Inky’s career path.
- A summary of Inky’s football career, and important lessons he learned along the way.
- The value of learning resilience and mental toughness.
- How sports lessons translate into real-life challenges.
- What we can learn from adversity.
- How being a student can help you become a stronger leader.
- The value in questioning your thoughts and beliefs.
- How you can learn from having the willingness to be wrong.
- The importance of assessing and evaluating your behaviors.
- Why advantages can become disadvantages over time.
- How an encounter with Oprah restored Inky’s faith.
- The importance of having balanced relationships.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Onnit.com/model -- Get your optimal health supplements at 10% off!
- Connect with Inky Johnson Website / Podcast / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: