Manage episode 307858970 series 60566
It’s no secret that the United States has a weight problem. According to CDC statistics from 2018, over 73% of American adults were overweight or obese. Even worse, thanks to increased sedentary behavior during the pandemic, these numbers don’t seem to be getting any better.
At a time when weight issues are so prevalent, what can we do to add in healthy behaviors and reach our body composition goals? Today you’re going to learn from body transformation coach, Luka Hocevar, about seven key behaviors that lead to success in reaching your health and fitness goals. Luka has helped countless folks attain their fitness goals, and I know his tips will resonate with you.
You’re going to learn about the four stages of changing your behavior, real tips for building your self-esteem, what an exercise routine should look like, and so much more. This episode also contains conversations on obesity rates in the age of COVID-19, our circles of influence, and how to take back control of our bodies and our minds. I hope you enjoy this interview with the one and only, Luka Hocevar!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The shocking statistics on how COVID-19 has increased childhood obesity rates.
- Why consistency is so important for weight loss.
- What cognitive restraint is.
- The four stages of changing any behavior.
- Why engaging in tracking is helpful for reaching body composition goals.
- How building your self-esteem is like a bank account.
- What your body’s set point is and how it works.
- A basic template for creating an exercise routine.
- How cardiovascular activity can lengthen your lifespan.
- The importance of acknowledging your wins on any journey.
- Why boundaries and guidance (not restriction!) can help you reach your goals.
- The role that social support plays in your success.
- What it means to attach your goals to an anchor.
- The three laws of commitment and how you can use them to your advantage.
- What it means to align your behavior with your goals.
- Simple nutrition rules that lead to success.
- How to change an all or nothing mindset.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- DrinkLMNT.com/model -- Get a FREE sample pack for the cost of shipping!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive discount on your daily health elixirs!
- Essential Components of Any Exercise Program with Luka Hocevar – Episode 275
- 5 Risk Factors for Covid That You’re Probably Not Hearing About – Episode 510
- Vigor Ground Fitness
- Yo! Grow Your Gym
- Connect with Luka Hocevar Instagram / YouTube
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: