Manage episode 301334735 series 2122153
- With fall approaching, and you might be wondering if replacing old or drafty windows is a wise move. We walk you through 7 key questions to ask yourself to determine if this project is right for you.
- Painting seems like a simple DIY project but that’s exactly why it is even more frustrating than ever when your painting project comes out badly. We’ll share pro painting tips to help.
- As we head into pandemic season two, many Americans will continue to work from home fueling the need for more home office space. If you are ready to set up a new more organized space for your work life, we’ll share tips on furniture and organizers you can build yourself.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions:
- Beverly wants to add vinyl siding to a shed and needs to know the best way to attach it. Tom shares a key trick of the trade to make sure the vinyl is secure but won’t expand and cause the vinyl siding to warp when the sun hits it.
- Abe needs help solving a plumbing mystery that causes the water in one toilet to gurgle and drain when another toilet is flushed!
- Anna took down a tree that was full of carpenter ants and wants to know if needs to be worried about the carpenter ants destroying her home!
- Stuart needs to know how to select the right LED bulb to match the wattage of an old incandescent bulb he’s replacing.
- Nancy needs to know the easiest way to remove a popcorn celling.
- Bob is dealing with the aftermath of a really bad laminate floor installation.
- Brian is building a new house and wants to know if using spray foam insulation will cause his roof shingles to buckle.
- Laura is remodeling her kitchen in an old house wants to know how to reinforce the floor to support heavy new appliances.
- Eric’s home is smoke damaged and he needs help getting rid of the smoke odor.
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices