Manage episode 302407017 series 2122153
- Just about time to wrap up gardening for the year. But if you had a greenhouse, you can extend your gardening well into the Fall! Plus, you can start back up even earlier next spring. We’ll share the best DIY Greenhouse Kits to hook you up with a 4-season crop of veggies.
- When you flick on the bathroom light first thing in the morning, do you scare yourself? That frightening reflection may not actually be all you – just bad bathroom lighting. We’ll share tips to help you improve your natural glow.
- Is painting a fireplace ever a good idea? We walk you through the pros and cons.
- Before winter arrives, it’s time to make sure your outdoor concrete surfaces are protected from cracks, worn-out surfaces and stains. We’ll share an easy way to do just that.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions:
- Russ from Iowa needs to replace a casement window and wants to know if he can put double windows instead.
- Valerie from Arizona wants to know if she can fix a cracked ceramic tile without replacing the entire floor.
- Ricky from Nebraska is trying to figure out what is attacking his lilac and crabapple tree. We offer him and effective, safe pesticide solution.
- Lynn from Delaware wants to know how to stop a water leak coming in where two water pipes are joined in her basement. We share a simple DIY fix using epoxy rated for plastic.
- Lori from Tennessee wants to know how to fix a concrete floor crack.
- David wants to know if he should insulate his garage after he puts AC in his garage for the first time.
- Ellie from Wisconsin needs to know where to start with installing wall shelving in her new home’s bathroom.
- Steve is wanting to rip out some shag carpeting and replace it with engineered planks into his RV
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices