Pet Friendly Floors | DIY Exterior Painting Tips | Easiest Way to Budget for Home Maintenance | Ep # 2131
Manage episode 301057098 series 2122153
- Your house is your biggest investment – but how much, exactly, should you set aside for the cost of home maintenance? We share a simple formula to help you determine what that is.
- Floors need to handle wear and tear and be easy to clean. But when you have pets, that durability raises to a whole new level! We’ll share what you need to know to choose pet friendly floors that can handle that kind of traffic.
- Painting the exterior of your home is one of the most important types of home maintenance. And while many homeowners choose to hire a painting contractor, new technology in paint sprayers makes this one project you may be able to tackle yourself.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions.
- Joe from Iowa isn’t happy with his deck and asks if it should be repaired or replaced with composite decking? We walk him through the pros and cons.
- Linda from Florida needs a really tough paint for the floor of an airport hangar! We share options for concrete finish that can take the punishment.
- Don in Illinois needs help fixing a sinking foundation in his very old farmhouse.
- Bonnie in Pennsylvania has a sagging driveway to repair and wants to know how to fill in the low spots or if she needs to tear it out and start again.
- Darren from Virginia want to save water by routing rainwater from a barrel to help fill his toilet.
- Kay in Arkansas wants to know how to make a plain masonry wall look more appealing.
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices