Stopping Shower Shock: How to End Cold Water Blasts! | Garage Dangers You Didn’t See Coming | DIY Driveway Resurfacing Tips | Episode #2130
Manage episode 300779739 series 2122153
(Episode Summary, and Links)
- Have you ever taken a shower and received a blast of water that was freezing cold or scalding hot? That’s what we call shower shock! Tom explains exactly why this happens and how to stop the shower-shock for good.
- By now, garages are usually a mess of toys, tools and toxins like lawn chemicals and paints – all of which are too close to each other for comfort. We share garage organization solutions that can help.
- If you’ve ever tried to repair old, worn-out concrete by covering it with new concrete only to find it didn’t last, we’ll share a solution that will, and delivers a beautiful new finish in just a few hours.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions:
- John in Maryland wants to reno a small bathroom that contains the home’s water heater. He’s looking for a recommendation on the smallest possible water heater that will do the job.
- Phyllis from New Jersey is buying a home built in the 1960’s and want to know what repairs to expect in an older home. Tom taps his 20-year’s worth of experience as a home inspector to share useful tips about homes built in that era.
- Charlie in Tennessee wants to expand his kitchen and wants to know how to tell if his wall is a load bearing wall before he rips it out!
- Michelle in Iowa wants to build a firepit out of brick and needs a recommendation for the best type of mortar to use for her project.
- Charlene from Louisiana has a low slope roof in bad shape and wants to know if she can replace it with a metal roof.
- Randy from Maryland wants to stain a brand-new deck build from pressure-treated lumber and wants to know if he should do this right away or wait a year.
- Margaret wants to know how to get rid of popcorn ceilings.
- Eve in Delaware wants to get rid of a smoke smell from her studio apartment.
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices