Manage episode 305118014 series 2315936
- In a strong home sellers-market, selling your home “as-is” is a popular way to avoid buyer demands for repairs. But that strategy often backfires and hurts your chances of getting the best price for your home. We share a better strategy to get the best price with the least hassles.
- Whether your furniture is heirloom or Ikea, it’s likely to take a few hits from time to time - especially if you have kids! But while the water rings, dings, dents and furniture scratches are inevitable – they are also easy to fix!
- Do you need to hire a contractor, but afraid you’ll get a bad apple? You can weed out the unqualified or reliable GCs by asking the right questions – we share an easy-to-follow checklist that walks you through.
Plus, answers to your home improvement questions:
- Casey from Oklahoma wants to know how to properly seal a pressure treated deck.
- Nancy in Pennsylvania is wondering, how do you identify asbestos in her ceiling tiles?
- Ed in Iowa wants to know if he has an insulation problem with his cathedral ceiling.
- Janiese from Kansas wants to know if she needs to seal epoxy grout.
- John from Connecticut is asking what the best flooring is to put on top of concrete?
- Wendy in Georgia needs better weather stripping for her metal door.
- Dave in Alaska is having trouble with a floor in a multi-family home.
- Leah from Kansas has concrete porch that keeps cracking to do earthquakes and wants to know which product to use to fill the cracks.
- Mike from North Dakota wants to know if he needs to put in drywall and insulation in his detached garage.
Do you have a home improvement or decor question? Call the show 24/7 at 888-MONEY-PIT (888-666-3974) or post your question here.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices