Manage episode 296887930 series 2482636
To celebrate this year’s upcoming Booker Prize nominations, we've delved back into the archives and cherry-picked highlights from eight very special interviews. Hear about the inspirations, frustrations, and secrets behind the winners of the most prestigious prize in literature.
What’s in a name? What is the worst question you can ask an author? Who has a squirrel skull hidden under their bed? All these questions are answered, alongside discussions of African Temporality, the importance of mischief and protest on social media. #PenguinPodcast
Original interviews, from the archives:
- Bernardine Evaristo with Nihal Arthanayake: https://apple.co/2VcpL6B
- Anne Enright with Nihal Arthanayake: https://apple.co/2SNVs5c
- Salman Rushdie with David Olusoga: https://apple.co/3ytvy68
- Howard Jacobson with Nihal Arthanayake: https://apple.co/3Auas9s
- Ian McEwan with Katy Brand: https://apple.co/3hjyJYf
- Marlon James with Nihal Arthanayake: https://apple.co/2SNTZvK
- Pat Barker with Katy Brand: https://apple.co/3AvTmYM
- Arundhati Roy with Kirsty Lang: https://apple.co/3AwU5Jh
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.