Manage episode 280705351 series 1929460
We put a match to the Korean film “Burning” and discuss:
- cinematography, natural lighting vs available lighting;
- editing, how long takes and rhythm of edits affects the experience;
- story, what is this movie about?;
- special guest Dave Jasmon;
- and other such stuff and things and stuff.
“She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.“ – William Faulkner
Notes & References:
Check out Dave Jasmon’s work: at davejasmon.com, his & Elissa’s web comic “Truth Cheese” on Instagram, and see the upcoming Meow Wolf exhibit in Las Vegas @omegamartusa
You can read William Faulkner’s short story “Barn Burning” here (PDF link)
Read Haruki’s short story “Barn Burning” here (PDF link)
Watch us on YouTube!
This Week’s Recommendations:
Wes Evans: Actor, Filmmaker, Director, Writer; Todd Sapio: Actor, Producer, Musician, Athlete