Manage episode 327926577 series 2909895
A mother really can do it all... but should you have to?
Today we’re talking with Melissa Reilly, a clinical psychologist who has dedicated her career to helping moms bond with their baby while living their most fulfilled life.
This episode explores the layered and universal experience of mom guilt, why these emotions are wired into us all, and how we can stop letting them run the show.
You were never supposed to show up fully for everyone else besides yourself. Let’s find a better way.
Go to https://postpartumu.com/postpartum-university-podcast-ep59/ for more!
Where to find Melissa Reilly:
Caring for Yourself While Caring for Your Baby (Free Guide)
In this episode, we are sharing:
- Guilt as an EMOTION & not an indicator of right or wrong
- All emotions serve a purpose & have their own triggers
- Self-care as a basic human necessity
- Embracing the natural feelings of guilt to give them less power
- Creating healthy separation & distance happens over time
- Mixed and conflicting societal messages about “doing it all”
- Asking for help is natural, normal, healthy, and appropriate
- Our babies are separate human beings
- The difference between wants vs needs
- What to do when you’re feeling overwhelmed
- Living with mom guilt & putting it in its place
*BRAND NEW - 12 weeks to whole-body transformation*
Are your symptoms being caused by postpartum depletion, or something else?
Postpartum University® Training for Professionals:
-Postpartum Nutrition Certification
- If you are in need of support, or have questions you can send an email to email@example.com OR you can reach out in The Postpartum Circle Facebook group.
Where to find me: postpartumu.com