Manage episode 307674867 series 2909895
Food is very emotional, in fact, it is one of our very first emotional attachments as infants. Food is also something that is a huge part of community and connection to others, especially around the holidays.
If you want to learn how to use food as a tool to support you both emotionally and physically, even during the Holidays when you’re surrounded by goodies, then be sure to listen to this episode. I’m going to share all about the emotional connection that each of us has to food and how you can use it to support you through not only the holidays but every day.
In this episode, I’m sharing:
- How to eat well during the Holidays
- Food is emotional
- We learn from infancy, that food is good
- The Mind Gut Connection by Dr. Emeran Mayer MD
- Your response to food is normal
- Food is more than just emotional, it’s also a bonding tool
- There is almost never enough community during postpartum
- The benefits of the Mediterranean diet
- Our state of mind while eating food
- Avoiding anything & everything that will cause you inflammation
- Going out to eat
- Planning meals with friends & family
- MY food is MY responsibility
- Your stomach has more nerve cells than your brain
- We aren’t just eating to replenish and sustain, we eat for comfort
- Guilt & Shame around indulging
- Operating from a trauma state
- Asking your soul not your body what you are needing from this particular food
- Assessing your needs & fulfilling them before indulging
- Avoid the guilt and shame for “not eating the right foods”
- Have a wonderful Holiday season!
- Come join us in the Facebook group The Postpartum Circle!
For full show notes go to >> https://marandabower.com/eating-for-comfort-hello-holidays-ep35/
- If you'd like to work with me, or need support, reach out here! https://marandabower.com/contact/
-Purchase my Nutrition Program
-Sign up for The Postpartum Nutrition Certification Program
Where to find me: