Manage episode 268797039 series 61117
If you’ve tried David Allen’s Getting Things Done methodology, you’ve probably run into this scenario: You start doing your Weekly Review, and then you miss one, and then you miss another one, and before you know it, things are starting to slip.
It doesn’t have to be that way — in this episode, we are going to talk about doing an effective and efficient Weekly Review, and we are going to talk about how to be CONSISTENT. It almost always comes down to one of 2 things, and we’ll help you save both of them.
The Weekly Review is the best way to achieve that “Mind Like Water” state, every single week. Even if you are not a GTD person, you can benefit from doing this Weekly Review.
Thanks to Mint Mobile for supporting The Productivity Show. Mint Mobile is offering our listeners $15 per month and free shipping on their phone at MintMobile.com/tps.
Thanks to Sleep Cycle for supporting The Productivity Show. Sleep Cycle is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial of their intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker. Learn more at SleepCycle.com/tps.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:52]
- What the GTD Weekly Review is and why it’s so powerful for productivity [6:00]
- How David Allen breaks down the Weekly Review in Getting Things Done [11:43]
- Why getting clear of what happened since your last review is so important [12:25]
- How to improve the trust you have with your current systems and why it matters [24:15]
- Why having next actions is the key to avoiding procrastination on your projects [30:08]
- How to drive your professional development by getting creative [33:52]
- How to overcome the MOST difficult problem people share: consistency [38:57]
- The common pitfalls that Thanh has seen with people and their weekly reviews [44:55]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [48:54]
The Three Stages To A Great Weekly Review
- Get Clear — Tie up any loose ends from the week before.
- Get Current – Plan out the steps you need to take over the next week to advance whatever projects you’re currently working on.
- Get Creative — Think about and start planning things you could be doing to move your life.
- Mint Mobile
- Sleep Cycle
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Verilux Happy Light
- The 5 GTD Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes… Do You? (TPS309)
- Join in the upcoming Do The Damn Thing call on Tuesday August 11, on how to do your best GTD Weekly Review
- Your Perfect Week Starts With 4 Easy-To-Follow Steps
- 5 Things to Plan Your Week Around for Maximum Long-Term Impact (TPS164)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.