Manage episode 291312832 series 2582632
Today we’re excited to bring on a good friend and a successful business owner who’s managed to merge different practices into one operation.
Trent Benedetti, CPA, CFP, IAR, owner of Benedetti Financial is our guest on this episode of the Profitable Advisor and he’s a perfect example of how to provide multiple services for clients. He started with nothing and very quickly was able to wed tax planning and accounting with financial services and managing assets. It’s a model that every accountant should consider adopting and we’ll get into how he’s been able to accomplish it.
We’ll discuss some of the most important topics like marketing, referrals, client relationships, and overseeing two different businesses during the conversation, and Benedetti is someone that everyone can pick up a thing or two from.
So as you go through the episode today, keep an ear out for some of these topics that we cover:
- The story behind his decision to add the financial services to his accounting business.
- Why referrals won’t necessarily slow down like some people fear.
- How to discuss strategies with clients and why the media’s role isn’t in your best interest
- Stock picking and market timing.
- Why it’s so important to run multiple simulations and prepare clients for the range of returns.
- Targeting small family-owned businesses and how he markets to those through marketing.
- The changes he’s made because of COVID and what he might continue using.
- How he’s gone about balancing two different businesses.
For more on this topic and other strategies to growing your business, join us over at RenegadeAdvisor.net.
What we discuss on this episode:
1:35 – Welcome in Trent
3:00 – How long did it take to expand into financial services?
4:16 – Blending the two together
7:03 – Referrals
9:36 – Investment advice and strategy
19:30 – Stock picking vs active management
21:46 – Stress of a market-timing approach
23:58 – Story about a vendor meeting
27:22 – Running multiple simulations
33:00 – Targeting small family-owned businesses
35:08 – The burden of COVID on the business
39:49 – Balancing two companies
43:50 – Maximizing the value of your business