Manage episode 290029167 series 2582632
If you want a master class on marketing strategy, this might be the closest you’ll get in a single podcast episode.
Today we’re talking with Kia Arian, who we’ve worked with for a few years. She’s a strategist and graphic designer to many of the biggest marketing names out there. She’s also helped with Dan’s upcoming book, Advisor VooDoo: Mastering the Dark Arts of Asset Management.
If you want a step-by-step strategy for marketing, this show will cover just about every aspect of the process in detail. By the time you get finished with the episode – and we think you might listen to it a few times – you will have a very good understanding of Kia’s approach and why she’s become so successful.
Also, make sure you check out this link to Kia’s program and learn more about how it helps advisors build their business: www.TheMDDM-Advisors.com
So as you go through the episode today, keep an ear out for some of these topics that we cover:
- How she made the transition from print shop to strategist.
- The Fly in the Window story
- Why you shouldn’t worry about a having a niche and that limiting your business.
- Learning certain principles and tactics allows you to apply that to any area.
- Her strategy to building and utilizing a Shock and Awe kit
- What are the things you need to have in the kit?
- The X-factor that will set you apart
- Details on the postcard strategy attornies use to get referrals
For more on this topic and other strategies to growing your business, join us over at RenegadeAdvisor.net.
What we discuss on this episode:
2:02 – Welcome in Kia
3:15 – Evolving into her current role as strategist
6:31 – Working with attornies
12:40 – Getting pigeonholed
16:04 – Building your reputation
18:27 – Utilizing Shock and Awe kits
24:09 – What needs to be in the kit
29:57 – Testimonials
35:42 – Making it memorable
37:47 – Packaging
41:28 – Tissue paper
48:17 – Postcard strategies to get referrals
53:28 – Consistency
55:14 – Getting referrals from attornies and CPAs