The Remarkable Podcast with Dave Mooring: The Marketing Podcast for Podcasters Who Aren't Marketers
Bryan Orr on The Art of Podcasting and Telling Stories
Manage episode 210756927 series 2368118
In this episode of Remarkable, I talk with Bryan Orr, an HVAC technician and small business owner who is making a name for himself as a master storyteller and podcast producer.
Like me, he s a big fan of small business and he originally started podcasting as a way to promote a new app he developed for small businesses.
Bryan has since gone on to produce a number of other podcast series, and is now recognized in the podcasting community as the editor and producer of the Podcast Movement: Sessions
The Podcast Movement: Sessions highlight the various speakers and podcasters that have taken the stage at the Podcast Movement conference, the worlds largest conference focused exclusively on podcasting.
In a complete one-eighty from my last episode with Glenn the Geek, in this episode we dig into the other side of podcasting, where art trumps money, and well-crafted stories rule the airwaves.
In this episode, Bryan and I discuss:
- The two elements you need to succeed in the world of podcasting
- How to think differently about interviews to craft powerful stories that captivate your audience
- How to bridge the gap between your tastes and your experience
- Why you should ‘shotgun before you laser’
- The key to long-term success in podcasting
- Why you shouldn’t go looking for advertisers
- How to master networking to grow your podcast or business
- The difference between podcasting as an art form vs a distribution model
- How purchasing a gig on Fiverr led to his involvement with the Podcast Movement: Sessions
- The process behind his highly-produced, well-crafted stories
- His winding path into podcasting
Listen to my interview with Bryan Orr below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
The following list of the links, podcasts, and resources mentioned in this episode of Remarkable.
- Podcast Movement: Sessions
- WOW Small Business
- Side Hustle Nation with Nick Loper
- Starve the Doubts with Jared Easley
- Dan Franks
- This American Life
- TED Radio Hour
- Mantastic Voyage
- Bryan Harris
- Ira Glass
- Nathan Latka
- Third Coast Festival
- Air Media
- John Lee Dumas
- Becoming Minimalist
- 99% Invisible
- Snap Judgment
- The Memory Palace
- Out on the Wire by Jessica Abel
- Power Your Podcast with Storytelling [Course] by Alex Blumberg
- Here Be Monsters with Jeff Entman
- Podcast Incubator
- Aaron Walker Interview
- Alex Blumberg on the Tim Ferriss Show
- Roman Mars
- How Sound
- Podcast Movement: Sessions on Stitcher
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: Bryan Orr on the Art of Podcasting and Telling Stories.
Thanks For Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How d you enjoy the show?
I d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who ll enjoy it, please share it I ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you re there, don t forget to subscribe to the show so you ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That s all for now, go be Remarkable!
The post Bryan Orr on The Art of Podcasting and Telling Stories appeared first on SuperSimpl.