The Remarkable Podcast with Dave Mooring: The Marketing Podcast for Podcasters Who Aren't Marketers
Harry Duran on Growing Your Podcast Through Relationships and Authenticity
Manage episode 210756933 series 2368118
In this week’s episode I have the chance to chat with a House DJ turned podcaster, whose own podcast gives you a behind-the-scenes look into the lives of other podcasters.
He s an entrepreneur, an app developer, and an experienced podcaster who’s interviewed more than 70 podcasters.
During our conversation, we cover a range of topics, and Harry shares his insights into growing your podcast through relationships and authenticity.
In this episode, Harry and I discuss:
- How he transitioned from DJ to Podcaster
- How he came up with the idea and name for his podcast, Podcast Junkies
- What makes a podcast have staying power
- A simple hack to digest podcast content faster
- When to focus on monetization
- Why it’s important NOT to put a time limit on podcast interviews
- Tips for using social media to build your audience
- How he turned his podcast into a Kindle ebook
- How to get great guests for your interview show
Listen to my interview with Harry Duran below:
Links and Resources Mentioned:
The following list of the links, podcasts, and resources mentioned in this episode of Remarkable.
- Podcast Junkies with Harry Duran
- Harry Duran s Book, Around the Podcast Campfire
- Resident Advisor
- The Fizzle Show with Chase Reeves
- Entrepreneur on Fire with John Lee Dumas
- SuperFast Business with James Schrampko
- Greg Hickman
- The Audacity to Podcast with Daniel J. Lewis
- The Unmistakable Creative with Srini Rao
- School of Podcasting with Dave Jackson
- The Podcasters Studio with Ray Ortega
- She Podcasts with Elsie Escobar and Jessica Kupferman
- The Podcast Method with Dan Benjamin of 5by5
- 99% Invisible with Roman Mars
- Mystery Show with Starlee Kine
- Nocturne with Vanessa Lowe
- Anxious Machine with Robert McGinley Myers
- The Alllusionist with Helen Zaltzman
- Strangers with Leah Thau
- WTF with Mark Maron produced by Brendan McDonald
- Cerrone Show with Chris Cerrone
- Denny Cray
- The Podcast Talent Coach, Erik K. Johnson
- ShowRunner with Jerod Morris and Jon Nastor
- Hack the Entrepreneur with Jon Nastor
- The Heard Collective
- Chris Brogan
- Pat Flynn
Read or download the full transcript of this episode: Growing Your Podcast Through Relationships and Authenticity
Thanks For Tuning In!
Hey, thanks so much for stopping by and for listening! How d you enjoy the show?
I d love to hear your feedback. You can leave me a comment below!
If you enjoyed this episode and think you know someone else who ll enjoy it, please share it – I ve made it easy, just click on your favorite social media button and spread the word.
Also, just like on Amazon, user reviews let people know if the show is worth listening to or not. So if you don’t mind, head over to iTunes and leave me an honest review. I would greatly appreciate it and I do take time to read each one!
And while you re there, don t forget to subscribe to the show so you’ll get automatic updates when I release future episodes.
That’s all for now, go be Remarkable!
The post Harry Duran on Growing Your Podcast Through Relationships and Authenticity appeared first on SuperSimpl.