Manage episode 328856454 series 164106
Expounding on the theme of ‘creating your own good luck’ discussed in a recent episode, today my guest Jen Nash and I talk about how the things that so many of us want – career success, financial security, an exciting life, or just ‘getting lucky’ – may be achieved simply by the power of connection. If, like me, you don’t like “networking,” this enlightening conversation provides a helpful alternative. By looking at connection-building as a series of ordinary, everyday occurrences consisting of tiny connections – instead of as onerous “networking” activities – connecting with others to achieve big outcomes becomes unintimidating…and even fun!
Jen Nash helps us take a deeper look at how anyone can create deeper more powerful connections in modern life, one interaction at a time. She is an executive coach, facilitator, speaker, and author of The Big Power of Tiny Connections: How Small Interactions Spark Awesome Outcomes. Trained in the field of communication, Nash has a powerful grasp on what is required to turn a brush of fate into a life changing event. When she’s not empowering others to live a more connective life, Nash lives between New York City or Los Angeles or San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
And be sure to subscribe to The Self-Employed Life in Apple Podcasts or follow us on Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts so you don’t miss an episode. Everything you need can all be found at jeffreyshaw.com. Jen Nash, thank you so much for being here! Remember, you might be in business FOR yourself but you are not in business BY yourself. Be your best self. Be proud and keep changing the world. Guest Contact –
- The Big Power of Tiny Connections Book
- Jen Nash on LinkedIn
- Jen Nash on Instagram (realjennash)
- Jen Nash on Twitter (@JenNash)
- Books by Jeffrey Shaw
- Business Coaching for Entrepreneurs
- The Self-Employed Summit
- Watch my TEDx LincolnSquare video and please share!
- The Self-Employed Business Institute — You know you're really good at what you do. You're talented, you have a skill set. The problem is you're probably in a field where there is no business education. This is common amongst self-employed people! And, there's no business education out there for us! You also know that being self-employed is unique and you need better strategies, coaching, support, and accountability. The Self-Employed Business Institute, a five-month online education is exactly what you need. Check it out!
- Take The Self-Employed Assessment! — Ever feel like you're all over the place? Or frustrated it seems like you have everything you need for your business success but it's somehow not coming together? Take this short quiz to discover the biggest hidden gap that’s keeping you from having a thriving Self-Employed Ecosystem. You’ll find out what part of your business needs attention and you'll also get a few laser-focused insights to help you start closing that gap.
- Have Your Website Brand Message Reviewed! — Is your website speaking the right LINGO of your ideal customers? Having reviewed hundreds of websites, I can tell you 98% of websites are not. Fill out the simple LINGO Review application and I'll take a look at your website. I'll email you a few suggestions to improve your brand message to attract more of your ideal customers. Fill out the application today and let's get your business speaking the right LINGO!
Host Jeffrey Shaw is a Small Business Consultant, Brand Management Consultant, Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Keynote Speaker, TEDx Speaker and author of LINGO and The Self Employed Life (May 2021). Supporting self-employed business owners with business and personal development strategies they need to create sustainable success.