Manage episode 282166588 series 2520985
Welcome to The Shift Patient Series with naturopath, nutritionist and author Katherine Maslen as she explores the state of human health, the dysfunction of the health industry and provides people with the tools, knowledge and understanding to make the shift in their lives.
In the Patient Series of The Shift, Katherine talks with real people about their health journeys, the roadblocks along the way and what it takes to make a shift. If you want to make the shift towards more informed decisions regarding better health, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode we have patient Lisa, a 27 year old woman who has struggled with her health since her youth. Lisa’s wellness journey has been long as she has had to face many health concerns including acne, chronic fatigue, severe bloating and hormonal issues. And the journey is certainly not linear as Lisa explains during the interview.
Lisa has had to overcome some huge traumas from her childhood to move forward along her journey holistically and grow into the woman and mother she wanted to be. The lessons have been many and her story is inspiring for many other young women approaching their wellness journey.
In this episode Katherine and Lisa explore:
- A look at when Lisa first started noticing health issues and how they were dealt with at the time
- Lisa walks through the symptoms that have caused her issue over the years
- How Lisa’s symptoms subsided after initial treatment, but returned shortly after
- Approaching roadblocks along the health journey and how to deal with them
- Lisa talks about the stress in her life and understanding its connection to her childhood
- The struggles Lisa has had with her hormone health including excessively heavy periods
- Identifying the correlation between physical health symptoms and stressful or traumatic life events
- What it took for Lisa to take serious action with her health
- The small shifts Lisa made that lead to big results
- Understanding why people normalize not feeling great and leave underlying health problems until it's too late
- Lisa’s current state of health and what lies ahead along her wellness journey