Manage episode 274875498 series 2451791
How do you build resilience? I mean, would you consider yourself a resilient person? The visual that immediately comes to mind is a boxer who can dip, duck, dive, weave and jive, no matter what punches are thrown her way. She keeps going, never giving up. (Come to think of it, that makes a lot of sense, considering my sympathetic nervous system typically chooses to fight 9 times out of 10 over flight. What about you?)
My special guest today is Carrie Montgomery and she’s simplifying how to build resilience in an uncertain world. She’s a dynamic entrepreneur that’s certainly had to dip, dive and keep going through a series of debilitating chronic illnesses… most recently a viral brain infection. Through a pandemic, no less. You see, resilience is built in the little moments when no one is looking. And she shares what she’s learned along the way to becoming a stronger, more vibrant and whole person.
Here’s how.My special guest today is Carrie Montgomery and she’s simplifying how to build resilience in an uncertain world.
We tackle all aspects of it, including:
- What’s changed in her business and in her life since we last spoke in season one - and what happened in late 2019 that made her dramatically shift how she runs her online business
- How she defines “resilience” and what helped her build her resilience through tough and uncertain times
- What role ‘discipline’ plays in becoming a more resilient entrepreneur and all-around human
- Why being “unattached in life” is so important
- What was learned when she took a step back from social media and actively marketing her business online for 10 months, in order to give herself space to heal
- …and ultimately, how to begin to “reclaim yourself” after trauma or big change
I hope you find Carrie’s story just as inspiring as I do. I know it helps me to remember that no matter what you’re grappling with in this moment, there are others around the world that stand beside you on that journey. Their courage to tackle their walls gives me strength to take on my own. Brick by brick, day by day… really, choice by choice, we each are learning to reclaim and restyle our lives.
And bottomline, we’re better together. You can do it, I believe in you!Q: Are you looking to build your resilience as an entrepreneur? If yes, this one is for you.
It’s time to #DoTheThing!
Show notes available with all LINKS mentioned here: https://thesimplifiers.com/podcast/carrie-montgomery-build-resilience