Manage episode 296970711 series 1926978
There isn’t a butcher in Australia who knows more about the butchery industry than Glenn Dumbrell from Char Char Char in Melbourne. He has several decades experience in butchering meat, and for the last ten years has been running a butcher shop of his own, Char Char Char. He’s seen all the market shifts and changes, has been a huge part of Butcher Wars at Meatstock, and was a part of the Meatstock pilgrimage to the Churrascada Festival in Brazil!
Of most interest to us here at Smoking Hot Confessions is how low & slow changed butchery in Australia. And if anyone can fill us in on how it all went down, it will be Glenn.
In this full episode of the Smoking Hot Confessions BBQ Podcast, Glenn and I get into:
- Why lamb is his favourite cut of meat (4:53)
- His thoughts on dry ageing beef, pork and more (10:54)
- How low and slow changed the butchery industry in Australia (17:53)
- The origins of Char Char Char (23:26)
- Why he’s so passionate about stocking organic, free-range, local meat (34:26)
- Glenn’s top tips for selecting the right barbecue cuts (38:59)
This episode of the Smoking Hot Confessions BBQ Podcast is proudly brought to you by our Podcast Partner, JAGRD Woodfired Smoker Ovens. If you’re looking for your next Barbeque, smoker or grill, be sure to check them out. They have a wide range of well-performing units available, and love doing custom work and commercial kit outs as well. Check out:
If you would like to become a Podcast Partner we’d love to hear from you. Send Ben an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get that conversation started!
To get your free copy of 'The Beginners Guide to Real BBQ', including some smoked meat recipes, head to: