Manage episode 295757753 series 1926978
Chay Adams from Smokey Days BBQ is one happy pitmaster. He's just won his first Grand Champion prize at the recent Smokefest Gold Coast BBQ Competition, using an offset smoker that he built himself. Yes, you read that right - not only does this man know how to cook a brisket, he also knows how to build an offset smoker!
With a background in metal fabrication, Chay Adams is a man who has become obsessed with creating the best barbecue that he possibly can. He’s hell-bent on mastering how to cook a brisket, how to make bite through skin on competition BBQ chicken, as well as all the other meat involved in food sport. His true passion though, is Stockyard Smokers - his business that aims to build the perfect Texas offset smoker. And there’s more than just a few features that make them unique!In this Ep of the Smoking Hot Confessions BBQ Podcast, we get into:
- Why smoked brisket is his favourite thing to barbeque (5:21)
- A little BBQ accident that he had (9:55)
- His thoughts on Smokefest Gold Coast (17:33)
- How Smokey Days BBQ prepare for a BBQ competition (23:56)
- What Stockyard Smokers is all about (27:03)
- Tips and Techniques for Welding (36:31)
Barbe Con is coming soon - stay tuned for the confirmation of the date.
New to BBQ? Grab your free copy of our eBook 'The Beginners Guide to Real BBQ' at our website now: