Manage episode 328550648 series 2394563
This month, Chris Hadnagy and Ryan MacDougall are joined by Adam Glick. Adam is currently the Chief Information Security Officer for SimpliSafe in Boston, MA. In this position and his previous jobs, Adam has had the responsibility of managing all matters pertaining to information security, risk, policy, and procedures. Adam is currently an adjunct professor at Boston College in the cybersecurity policy & governance program, and an adjunct professor of IT in the MBA program at the School of Business at Providence College. Outside of the office, he is a car and technology enthusiast along with an avid reader, hiker, cyclist, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner.
[May 16, 2022]
00:00 – Intro
00:56 – Intro Links
- Social-Engineer.com - http://www.social-engineer.com/
- Managed Voice Phishing - https://www.social-engineer.com/services/vishing-service/
- Managed Email Phishing - https://www.social-engineer.com/services/se-phishing-service/
- Adversarial Simulations - https://www.social-engineer.com/services/social-engineering-penetration-test/
- Social-Engineer channel on SLACK - https://social-engineering-hq.slack.com/ssb
- CLUTCH - http://www.pro-rock.com/
- innocentlivesfoundation.org - http://www.innocentlivesfoundation.org/
02:52 – Adam Glick Intro
04:05 – How did you get started in Information Security?
05:10 – Applying a background in teaching to InfoSec
06:37 – Developing security programs for different environments
08:14 – Getting people to think about security
09:32 – Microtraining: Updating the way that we train for security
12:10 – The importance of security in our Professional and Personal lives
14:28 – Customizing security training for large companies
15:29 – Approaching security from a Top-Down perspective
17:20 – Getting top management to support security training
20:55 – Action steps for companies to focus on
- Cyber Hygiene
- Risk Based Methodology
23:22 – How can companies assess their own risk?
26:55 – Internal interviews to build security protocols
28:47 – Jiu Jitsu Security???
29:58 – How to contact Adam online
- LinkedIn: in/glickadam/
31:19 – Who are your greatest mentors?
33:17 – Book Recommendations
36:33 – Wrap Up
37:32 – Outro