Manage episode 291114157 series 2850246
Kelly is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in CA and also a Perinatal Mental Health Certified professional. She knows firsthand how valuable the right support and resources can be and entered the mental health field to help others find healing too. Kelly offers support to expectant mothers from the moment they want to start a family and throughout the journey that lies ahead after birth. Kelly is a wife and a mom of two who enjoys hiking, listening to podcasts and having a good coffee.
Highlights from the episode include:
- Checking in on your own mental health during pregnancy and postpartum
- Perinatal mental health diagnoses explained including postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, postpartum OCD
- Different ways postpartum mental health disorders may manifest themselves
- Postpartum mental health in your spouse or partner
- Difference between baby blues and mental health disorders
On this episode Kelly provides a wealth of information around perinatal mental health. We discuss how you can self check in with yourself and the different ways that a mental disorder may present itself. We talk about the shame and stigma around mental health, overcoming this and knowing it’s okay and critically important to ask for help if you need it.
Connect with Kelly:
Facebook: Kelly Rodriguez Therapy
Kelly Rodriguez Therapy