Manage episode 280139413 series 111319
Tara Stiles (IG: @tarastiles) is the founder of Strala, the revolutionary approach to being, moving and healing. Strala teaches yoga, tai chi, and Traditional Chinese Medicine, to help people release stress, let go of bad habits, and move easily through all kinds of challenge.
Tara has authored several best-selling books and is a sought-after speaker on topics of entrepreneurship, health, and wellbeing.
She has a new book coming out on December 29th, Clean Mind, Clean Body: A 28-Day Plan for Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Self-Care.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The message Tara received from the universe when she was 7 years old
- Growing up with straight edge hippy parents in a passive solar home
- The love of dance and movement
- The ballet teacher who introduced Tara to yoga
- Learning the history and art of yoga
- Tara met her now husband Mike at a yoga retreat
- Making yoga relatable
- Why doesn’t everybody do yoga?
- Yoga transitioned Tara into the world of eating better
- Do you love the life you lead?
- Tara's early days of teaching yoga
- Forming a supportive community
- The meaning behind the name Strala
- Traveling the world teaching yoga and retreats
- How do you balance your own stress level & excitement?
- Being raw & vulnerable on social media when you are struggling
- Reaching out to the community for support
- The barrier Tara put between her Mike after their miscarriage
- Learning how to slow down doesn’t mean not pursuing your goals
- The epiphany moment Tara experienced on an airplane
- Everything changed after Tara's daughter Daisy was born
- Moving from NYC to Utah
- Living life at a slower pace back on the east coast
- Tara's dream to live in a little eco house with solar panels
- Creating movement through feeling
- Lessons learned along the journey
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.