384: Alicia Silverstone On Living A Responsible And Ethical Life, Waldorf Education, And Being Famous
Manage episode 280687682 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/tuhpaliciasilverstone
A dynamic and well-connected fixture in the acting, political, and scientific communities, she is also a dedicated activist and works to enlighten others about the benefits of clean living, veganism and a sustainable lifestyle. When it comes to acting, Alicia is best known for her role in 90s hit film, Clueless.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Alicia's vegetarian journey began at 8 years old... on an airplane
- Flirting with veganism
- Becoming an animal activist
- Getting your partner on board with your dietary lifestyle
- At one time, being vegan was lonely & isolating
- Bonding over vegan food and the vegan lifestyle with Woody Harrelson & his wife, Laura
- Focusing on living a responsible and ethical life
- Use your voice, stand up to corporate greed
- The benefits of pre-chewing food for babies
- Boobs were made to breastfeed
- We are responsible for our health
- The health benefits Alicia experienced going vegan
- Coming out of a cleanse energized and reborn
- Is the raw food diet sustainable?
- Why Alicia transitioned from raw food to a macrobiotic diet
- Eating for fertility
- Creating mykind Organics
- The story behind Alicia's son's name... Bear
- Raising a plant-based child
- Unraveling the controversy about Bear's haircut
- Alicia's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Wool" PETA campaign
- What makes Waldorf education different?
- Continuing to connect as a family during quarantine
- Balancing work/life during the pandemic
- What's growing in Alicia's garden?
- The chaos that comes with being famous
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.