Manage episode 281146957 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/tuhpsarahwilson385
Sarah Wilson (IG: @_sarahwilson_) is a former journalist and TV presenter, author and activist. She wrote the New York Times bestsellers I Quit Sugar and First, We Make the Beast Beautiful. Sarah is the author of another 11 cookbooks that sell in 52 countries.
Previously she was editor of Cosmopolitan Australia, host of Masterchef Australia and founder of the largest wellness website in Australia, IQuitSugar.com. In May 2018, Sarah closed the business and gave all money to charity.
Sarah lives minimally, rides a hand-built bike and is known for travelling the world for eight years with one bag.
Sarah’s latest book This One Wild and Precious Life is a soul’s journey through the complexities of climate change, coronavirus, racial inequalities and our disconnection from what matters... back to life.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Sarah is working on discernment and deliberateness during the pandemic
- COVID-19... the great revealer
- Building resilience
- Facing uncertainty
- Shaking off anxiety with intense physical exercise
- Seeking out meaningful relationships
- The lost art of handwriting letters
- Slowing down and reprioritizing your values
- Stop buying into consumerism
- It’s not about saving the planet, it’s about saving us
- Start where you are
- Care begets care
- Radical hope
- Loving this one wild and precious life
- Being in nature
- What is spiritual materialism?
- Sarah’s mental health throughout 2020
- Writing helps express emotions
- Living life to the max
- Do something every day that scares you
- Taking responsibility
- Sarah’s renewed energy and embracing who she is
- Now is the time
- Listening to the signs
- Blogging is the new Zoom
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.