Manage episode 283216721 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/daveasprey389
Dave Asprey (IG: @dave.asprey) is the Founder & Chairman of Bulletproof. He is a three-time New York Times bestselling science author, host of the Webby award-winning podcast Bulletproof Radio, and has been featured on the Today Show, CNN, The New York Times, Dr. Oz, and more.
Today Dave is on the show for this 4th time to discuss his new book, Fast This Way: Burn Fat, Heal Inflammation, and Eat Like the High-Performing Human You Were Meant to Be.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Dave wrote Fast This Way
- The biggest fasting hacks
- What is grehlin?
- Drinking coffee that makes you hungry? (it might be toxic)
- The benefits of adding prebiotic fiber to your Bulletproof Coffee
- Why Dave's not a fan of exogenous ketones
- How to achieve metabolic flexibility
- Don’t fall into the fasting trap
- Women can start out fasting 3-4 days a week
- The process of autophagy
- The core definition of resilience
- Intermittent fasting is a sustainable practice for helping prevent disease
- The Four “F words” - Focus, Food, Fertility, & Friend
- Fasting provides a sense of peace and power
- The definition of biohacking in relation to intermittent fasting
- The great debate - water vs. Bulletproof Coffee fasts
- Coffee will give you better results during a fast
- Dave’s profound experience with a Shaman
- The difference between spiritual fasting and ayahuasca
- Holotropic breathing can induce altered states
- Why intermittent fasting matters
- Dave’s experience coming back into society after water fasting
- Is it safe for kids to fast?
- Fasting for women
- Activated charcoal is a magic supplement to add in while fasting
- Taking serrapeptase during a fast
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.