398: Matthew McConaughey on Catching More Greenlights, the Impermanence of Life, & Writing Your Own Story
Manage episode 287561914 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: http://bit.ly/matthewmcconaughey398
Matthew McConaughey (IG: @officiallymcconaughey) is an Academy Award-winning actor, married man, a father of three children, and a loyal son and brother.
In October of last year he released Greenlights, an unconventional memoir that was born out of diaries he’s been keeping for the last 35 years. It’s a guide to catching more greenlights in life and to realizing that the yellows and reds eventually turn green too. It's also a love letter to life.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The aftermath from the Texas winter storm crisis
- How COVID-19 gave us a new sense of purpose
- Go write your own story
- The restrictions of being a celebrity
- The day Matthew got famous
- Appreciating the moment
- Being the pilot of your choices
- Documenting the existential question of "why?" through journaling
- Write the headline first and living your story
- The art of living
- Fatigue is one of the greatest enemies
- The book that kept Matthew anchored
- How Matthew landed his role in Dazed and Confused
- Creating the character Wooderson
- Three affirmations… alright, alright, alright
- The death of Matthew’s dad taught him to just keep livin
- What’s your eulogy?
- The impermanence of life
- Chasing our better selves
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.