Manage episode 288292653 series 111319
Dr. Paul Saladino (IG: @carnivoremd) is the leading authority on the science and application of the carnivore diet. He has used this diet to reverse autoimmunity, chronic inflammation and mental health issues in hundreds of patients, many of whom had been told their conditions were untreatable.
In addition to Paul's personal podcast, Fundamental Health, he can be found featured on numerous other podcasts.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is the nose to tail carnivore diet?
- Paul’s health is thriving on an animal based diet
- Studying the diet of the Hadza hunter-gatherer people
- The raw vegan diet and then eating paleo didn’t heal Paul’s eczema
- Including honey on the carnivore diet
- How reintroducing squash caused Paul's eczema to return
- The plant toxicity spectrum
- Animal defence mechanisms vs. plant defence chemicals
- Plant seeds are full of digestive enzyme inhibitors
- Spinach is not your friend
- Paul’s daily time restricted feeding window
- What to do if you experience muscle cramps or heart palpitations on the carnivore diet
- Eating the fruit of the plant not vegetables (roots, stems, & leaves)
- There are nutrients not found in plant foods
- Heme iron is required to correct anemia
- Consuming 4-6 ounces of liver a week is totally safe
- Your body craves animal meat more than plant food
- How to include organ meats into your daily routine
- The reason Paul created Heart and Soil
- What Paul eats in a day
- Source good quality meat from regenerative farms
- Aim for “grass fed, grass finished” meat not “grain finished”
- There is no evidence to support that cows contribute to climate change
- Hunting and the beautiful cycle of life
- Eating foods celebrated by our ancestors
- The benefits of colostrum
- Coffee is a plant seed… and why you shouldn't drink it
- A plant molecule is a medication with a side effect
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.