Manage episode 289872525 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/drtomobryan403
Dr. Tom O’Bryan (@IG @dr.tomobryan) is an author and recognized world expert on gluten and its impact on health. He is an internationally recognized and sought after speaker and workshop leader.
Dr. Tom holds teaching Faculty positions with the Institute for Functional Medicine and the National University of Health Sciences. He has trained and certified tens of thousands of practitioners around the world.
Today we're discussing Dr. Tom's latest book, You Can Fix Your Brain: Just 1 Hour a Week to the Best Memory, Productivity, and Sleep You've Ever Had.
In this episode, we discuss:
- All disease begins with a leaky gut
- 80% of all diseases are not caused by your genes
- The most common environmental triggers are what's on the end of your fork
- How being exposed to air pollution as a kid led to getting a cataract later in life
- What is epigenetics?
- Eat the colours of the rainbow
- Building a healthy, diverse microbiome
- Recommended testing for finding imbalances in your microbiome
- Leaky gut (aka intestinal permeability) explained
- People living with autoimmune conditions need to address their gut & diet
- You get transient intestinal permeability every time you eat wheat
- Understanding what a wheat related disorder is
- Top recommended test for wheat, gluten, leaky gut & celiac disease
- 50% of celiacs have a sensitivity to corn
- Allocating one hour a week, every week to learning something new
- Storing food in glass containers to eliminate phthalate exposure
- The 5 pillars to developing chronic inflammatory diseases
- Why you should only run your dishwasher at night
- Shower heads accumulating bacteria and what to do about it
- Find out what foods are causing dysbiosis
- Eating prebiotic foods & fermented veggies increases the good bacteria in your gut
- Intestinal alkaline phosphatase (iap) is the most important enzyme
- Why an apple a day keeps the doctor away
- Colostrum is nature's way of healing a leaky gut
- LPS (lipopolysaccharides) trigger bad bacteria in your gut
- The relationship between the blood brain barrier and leaky gut
- You can fix your brain
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.