Manage episode 290416015 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: http://bit.ly/drstevengundry404
Dr. Steven Gundry (IG: @drstevengundry) is one of the world’s top cardiothoracic surgeons and a pioneer in nutrition, as well as medical director at The International Heart and Lung Institute Center for Restorative Medicine.
He's the author of many New York Times bestselling books and is the founder of Gundry MD, a line of wellness products and supplements.
Today we're focusing in on Dr. Gundry's latest book, The Energy Paradox: What to Do When Your Get-Up-and-Go Has Got Up and Gone.
In this episode, we discuss:
- We are in an energy crisis
- Being tired is not normal
- Autoimmune disease is always associated with fatigue
- Leaky gut underlies chronic diseases & autoimmune diseases
- Eating the Standard American Diet is the perfect way to produce leaky gut
- Lectins cause leaky gut
- LPS (lipopolysaccharides) are bacterial particles that promote inflammation
- Lectins in peanuts and other foods we need to be aware of
- The microbiome is a major defence against lectins
- Why people living with an autoimmune disease should eat lectin-free
- Should you cut out 100% of the gluten from your diet?
- What are postbiotics?
- Farts are an important communication system
- Fiber is converted into postbiotics
- Insoluble fiber irritates the lining of your gut
- Examples of soluble fiber
- Polyphenols are prebiotics
- Olive oil is rich in polyphenols
- Melatonin supports your mitochondria
- Eating whole foods helps your mitochondria from getting overwhelmed
- Time restricted eating/intermittent fasting gives your mitochondria a break
- Butyrate stimulates mitochondria biogenesis
- Why Dr. Gundry chooses to eat within a 2-hour eating window
- How to become metabolically flexible in 6 weeks
- You'll have more energy exercising on an empty stomach
- Needing energy drinks is a warning sign from your body
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.