Manage episode 291546169 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/melissaambrosini407
Melissa Ambrosini (IG: @melissaambrosini) is a bestselling author and was named a “Self-Help Guru” by Elle Magazine.
She’s the host of The Melissa Ambrosini Show, where she shares her wisdom and interviews the biggest thought leaders and experts in the world to help her audience unlock their full potential and live their dream life.
Today we're discussing Melissa's new book, Comparisonitis: How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others and Be Genuinely Happy.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Pregnancy to parenthood, the next chapter
- Consciously trying to conceive for 18 months
- How to heal your Comparisonitis
- The ACES Technique
- Examples of healthy comparison vs. toxic comparison
- Don’t compare yourself to someone else
- Children learn by watching us
- After Melissa hit rock bottom she made it her mission to heal
- How yoga & meditation inspired Melissa to grow and evolve
- The book that changed Melissa's life
- The realization that we’re all comparing ourselves to everyone else
- Why Melissa & Nick shelved the book they were writing together
- Stop taking your phone to the toilet
- We need to stay in our own lane
- How much time are you spending on social media each day?
- Plan a social media free Sunday
- Social media is everyone’s highlight reel
- Delete the word perfect/perfection from your vocabulary
- Do more things that make you forget to look at your phone
- Know your core values
- Data shows we spend 6 years on social media and 10 years on our phones
- Exposing children to smartphones stunts their growth
- The tactics social media platforms use to keep you online
- A behind the scenes look at social media influencers
- Follow people who inspire you
- People commonly compare themselves to...
- Stop shaming parents and ourselves
- Let go of feeling guilty
- Comparison is detrimental to our mental health
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.