Manage episode 292257482 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/andyhnilo408
Andy Hnilo (IG: @andyhnilo) is former athlete, model, and actor that had his life turned upside down. On March 20th, 2011, he was struck by a series of large vehicles while crossing a busy street, a trauma that caused seven broken ribs, a collapsed lung, and an extreme compound fracture.
Determined to come back even stronger, Andy was able to be back on the runway in less than 3 months. He was able to heal his skin by immersing himself in a diligent skincare routine that included a mineral-rich blend of four clays, organic superfoods, and nutrient-dense ingredients: a process that healed his body.
Andy is now the founder and CEO of Alitura, which makes life-changing skin care products with organic superfoods.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Opening up the creative mind
- Setting your intentions for the day
- The coach that instilled Andy's athlete mindset
- Choosing which dream to move forward with… baseball or acting?
- The life threatening accident that changed the course of Andy’s life
- Dealing with cystic acne in high school sparked an interest in natural health
- The healing protocol Andy followed after his accident
- Being grateful for a second chance at life
- Focus on what you have rather than what happened to you
- Hearing “you’ll never do this again” was the motivation Andy needed to thrive
- Practicing intrinsic motivation
- Creating a clay mask to heal Andy's abrasions and scars
- Partnering up with Dave Asprey to launch Alitura
- The challenges of finding trusted manufacturers
- Why Andy won’t accept anything less than perfection
- Necessity is the mother of invention
- Avoiding burnout by making time for your daily routine
- Andy’s recipe for Bulletproof Coffee
- What Andy eats when he breaks his intermittent fast
- Andy’s daily supplement routine
- The healing power of consuming organ meats
- Foods to consume that nourish your skin from the inside out
- Drinking mineral water naturally revitalizes your skin
- Getting started with Alitura products
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Share using the buttons below.