420: How Success Can Come From Simplifying the Most Important Activities in Your Life | Greg McKeown
Manage episode 297948785 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/gregmckeown420
His New York Times bestselling book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less has sold more than a million copies worldwide.
Today we’re discussing Greg’s latest book, Effortless: Make It Easier to Do What Matters Most.
In this episode, we discuss:
- There’s always a more effortless way to go about life
- Essentialism is prioritization and Effortless is simplification
- Greg's daughter's health crisis was the inspiration behind writing Effortless
- If you get into the wrong state everything will be harder
- After complaining say something you are thankful for
- The biggest problem with being in a state of burnout
- How can this be effortless?
- Not everything needs the extra mile
- Am I getting as much return for the effort?
- Done for the day list
- Create a high trust agreement with your manager
- The practice of investing in the long tail
- Ask yourself... how can I make this enjoyable?
- The building blocks of joy
- What's something that is essential to you that you wish was a little more effortless?
- Creating workplace boundaries are important for family culture
- The difference between effortless state and effortless action
- The principle of effortless results
- Linear results vs. residual results
- Podcasting is a whole new genre
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.