Manage episode 302290868 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/drandrewweil430
Dr. Andrew Weil (IG: @drweil) received a degree in botany from Harvard and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
He’s the founder and director of the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. The Center is the leading effort in the world to develop a comprehensive curriculum in integrative medicine.
Dr. Weil is a founder and partner of the growing group of True Food Kitchen restaurants.
He’s an internationally recognized expert on medicinal plants, alternative medicine, and the reform of medical education.
Dr. Weil is the author of many scientific articles and 15 books.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Adjusting to the pandemic and life on Cortes Island
- The mentors that helped shape Dr. Weil’s life
- Travelling at age 17 impacted Dr. Weil's perspective on the world
- From medical school to studying plant medicine
- Writing his 1st book, The Natural Mind about drugs and consciousness
- Psychedelics becoming mainstream
- Dr. Weil recalls his personal experiences with cannabis & psychedelics
- Travelling around Latin America writing about healing & alternative health
- Learning about ayahuasca & psilocybin mushrooms from shamans
- When you get the message, hang up the phone
- Characteristics of a true healer
- Dr. Weil teaches his philosophy of integrative medicine
- Speaking the truth
- Dr. Weil’s tips for longevity in career and health
- Evolving your physical activity as you age
- Make your own fermented foods
- The process of growing shiitake mushrooms
- How to maintain cognitive sharpness
- The best foods for brain health
- Understanding what types of fish are sustainable
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.