Manage episode 304450001 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/drkarenbecker435
Dr. Karen Becker's (IG: @drkarenbecker) deliberate, common sense approach to creating vibrant health for companion animals has been embraced by millions of pet lovers around the world, making her the most followed vet on social media.
She has spent her career as a small animal clinician, empowering animal guardians to make intentional lifestyle decisions to enhance the wellbeing of their animals.
Karen also writes and lectures extensively and serves as a wellness consultant for a variety of health-oriented organizations.
Today we’re discussing her brand new book that she co-wrote with Rodney Habib, The Forever Dog: Surprising New Science to Help Your Canine Companion Live Younger, Healthier, and Longer.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What you feed your dog & cat matters
- The fresh food movement
- The truth why veterinarians recommend ultra processed pet food
- Homemade cooked diet vs. raw food diet for pets
- How can we help vets to stop fearing homemade diets?
- Medical reasons to feed your pet high pressure pasteurization (HPP) sterile raw meat
- Why pet owners should identity their food philosophy
- Switching up your dog’s protein improves their gut microbiome
- Health can travel up the leash
- Creating a forever dog with proactive wellness
- What's biologically appropriate nutrition for the species we're nourishing?
- Feed your pet healthy, real food snacks
- What foods are actually toxic to your dog?
- Herbs & spices to use and avoid
- Time restricted feeding (TRE) for dogs
- The natural circadian rhythm of a dog
- Supplements & pets - what is recommended?
- Gassy dog? Digestive enzymes can help
- Safe use of colloidal silver
- The difference between colloidal silver and ionic silver
- Karen's thoughts on raising a vegan dog
- The long term impact of EPA deficiency on dogs
- The benefits of medicinal mushrooms for pets
- Buy foods the whole family (and pets) can eat
- Increasing your dog’s lifespan
- Do the best you can
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.