Manage episode 316141726 series 111319
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/drwendysuzuki449
Dr. Wendy Suzuki (IG: @wendy.suzuki) is a Professor of Neural Science and Psychology in the Center for Neural Science at New York University and a celebrated international authority on neuroplasticity.
She was recently named one of the top ten women changing the way we see the world by Good Housekeeping and regularly serves as a sought-after expert for publications including The Wall Street Journal, Shape, and Health.
If you struggle with anxiety, Wendy will show you how to turn it into a superpower, working for you instead of against you.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is good anxiety?
- Understanding clinical anxiety vs. everyday anxiety
- Why anxiety levels are increasing as a whole
- Wendy’s personal struggle with anxiety
- The gifts and superpowers that come from anxiety
- Appreciating the moments
- Wendy’s morning tea meditation ritual
- How to use social media in a positive way
- The effects of exercise on the brain
- Following a basic Meditteranean diet
- The most powerful tool is human connection
- Finding time for more balance in life
- Wendy’s wake up call to get back into shape
- Social isolation and anxiety
- 3 easy steps to harness your anxiety
- The what-if list
- The power of mindful conversation
- Enjoying moments of micro-flow
- Wendy’s favourite green smoothie
- Empathy is a superpower
- Practicing compassion gives you a hit of dopamine
- The best way to learn, is to teach
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.