Manage episode 267282549 series 2490543
Chris Davis was most recently the VP of Smart Cities at CIMCON Lighting, who headed their expansion into building Smart City platforms. A recognized expert in Smart City technology deployments, Chris has traveled the world to speak at several international conferences. Furthermore, Chris has headed divisions at Schneider Electric and has mentored several early stage clean energy companies.
In this conversation, we dive into…
- Why cities usually start Smart City projects with connected lighting
- The enormous energy and cost benefits of smart & connected lighting
- What typical engagements between cities and companies look like
- Commonalities between Smart City projects across the globe
- And as always, some comprehensive advice on how to learn more about and begin working in the smart city space
Chris is someone that has worn many many hats over his career, and I enjoyed this opportunity to learn a lot about the business of Smart Cities from him - hope you do too!
Chris can be reached at the following: LinkedIn
Enjoy the show!
The Urban Loop podcast is brought to you in partnership with Billion or Bust Media. You can find the latest episodes and show notes at our website and socials below.