Manage episode 273321930 series 2490543
Khristian Gutierrez is the Chief Revenue Officer at Passport, a leader in payments in the city space. Passport provides the only end-to-end digital operating system for mobile parking payments, parking enforcement, digital permitting, and micro-mobility. Nearly a 1000 cities and universities across the US work with Passport to make parking as simple and delightful as possible.
Most recently, Passport partnered with Google Maps to enable mobile payments directly from the maps app itself! Parking is an area that has long been troublesome for citizens and difficult for cities to manage as effectively as possible - Passport aims to solve both those problems.
In this conversation, we dive into…
- The current parking ecosystem in cities, and why parking is such an exciting opportunity
- How Passport aims to make parking seamless for cities, for citizens, and for businesses
- The Passport operating system, which enables a comprehensive platform for city leaders to manage all the available parking and their costs
- Some interesting stories and guiding principles from the early days of building Passport
- And as always, some comprehensive advice on how to learn more about and begin working in the smart city space
What stood out the most to me is how intentional Khristian and Passport are as a whole in working with cities as true partners, enabling better operations, insights, and convenience for all involved - enjoy the show!
Enjoy the show!
The Urban Loop podcast is brought to you in partnership with Billion or Bust Media. You can find the latest episodes and show notes at our website and socials below.