Manage episode 298800770 series 135
Nilay Patel, Dieter Bohn, Alex Cranz, and Chaim Gartenberg discuss this week in tech news: quarterly earnings for the big tech companies, the state of Intel, and the Nothing's Ear 1 earbuds.
- CDC reinstitutes mask recommendations for some vaccinated people
- Apple will require masks again in most of its US stores
- Communication around masks is still terrible
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine’s protection against severe disease holds steady over six months
- The pandemic made it even harder to check on the ocean’s vital signs
- Next Gen - the future belongs to young people
- The iPhone 12’s strong momentum helps Apple to another huge quarter
- Google sets all-time records as search and YouTube profits ...
- Microsoft reports weaker Surface and Windows revenue amid ...
- Samsung boosts profits and pledges to 'mainstream' foldables ...
- Amazon’s earnings show why Andy Jassy is now in charge
- The summer Intel fell behind
- Huawei’s P50 announced with Snapdragon 888 and HarmonyOS
- Leaked Surface Duo 2 photos reveal new triple camera system
- The Oppo Watch 2 launches in China with a promise of 16 days of battery life
- Nothing officially reveals its $99 Ear (1) true wireless earbuds
- Nothing Ear 1 earbuds review: almost something
- LG’s new true wireless earbuds have a privacy-conscious ‘Whispering Mode’
- New Samsung Flip and Fold leaks show water resistance, renders, and an S Pen case
- White House says infrastructure deal includes $65 billion for broadband
- T-Mobile’s new prepaid offer is a direct play for the Boost customers it sold to Dish
- It’s not just you, streaming the Olympics is a mess
- Activision Blizzard employees walk out of work to protest rampant sexism and discrimination
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices