Manage episode 299158677 series 2891520
I hope you are enjoying the new month of August and are having a healthy summer.
I would love to share one of my favorite books with you that gets to the fascinating root of why we overeat (great for vacations or poolside reading).
I mean, have you ever wondered why it feels like sometimes, we are just overeating machines?
-- Eating way past the point of being full?
-- Eating foods we know make us overweight and even sick?
In this episode of Thin Thinking, I review and dive into Dr. David Kessler's groundbreaking book, The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite.
Learn how the food industry has hijacked our appetites and this is one summer read that you won't want to put down.
In This Episode, You’ll Also Learn…
- How food manufacturers create products that stimulate our appetites and set us in a cycle of desire and consumption that leads to overeating
- How the reward center of our brain overrides our system of homeostasis in the body
- What is the four-part process of reversing and intercepting the habit of overeating caused by the highly palatable food brought by the food industry according to Dr. Kessler
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Dr. David A. Kessler’s Book: The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite
- Sign up for the FREE HYPNOSIS DOWNLOAD : Shift Out of Sugar Cravings
- My book, From Fat to Thin Thinking: Unlocking Your Mind for Permanent Weight Loss
- (Includes a 30-day hypnosis process.)
- What would you love to hear about on the podcast? Click here and let me know
- Subscribe to the email list so that you never miss an episode!
- Get more thin thinking tools and strategies