Manage episode 306247317 series 2891520
This is the time of the year when you just want to snuggle under the covers and dive into a great book. Am I right? Well, I’ve got your back!
This week, in episode 34 of Thin Thinking, I'm reviewing the wonderful book, “The Willpower Instinct”, based on author and Stanford psychology professor Kelly McGonigal's popular course, The Science of Willpower.
This book is full of fascinating and well-researched tidbits about our brain and willpower.
Allow me to share with you, here in our latest "Thin Thinking Reads", some of the parts of the book that uncover the mystery of our willpower and how it will help us in our weight mastery journey.
In This Episode, You’ll Also Learn…
- What is the “problem of two minds” and how do we identify ourselves between these two minds existing in our one brain
- How our fancy prefrontal cortex works and too often, makes us act more irrationally than its counterpart, our subconscious
- How does accepting and embracing our thoughts and cravings gives us more power than resisting and arguing with them
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- “The Willpower Instinct” by Kelly McGonigal
- Sign up for the FREE HYPNOSIS DOWNLOAD : Shift Out of Sugar Cravings
- My book, From Fat to Thin Thinking: Unlock Your Mind for Permanent Weight Loss (Includes a 30-day hypnosis process.)
- What would you love to hear about on the podcast? Click here and let me know
- Subscribe to the email list so that you never miss an episode!
- Get more thin thinking tools and strategies