This is Matt Thomas - Building The Best Buildings in Oklahoma with the President of Smith & Pickel Construction

46:21
 
Share
 

Manage episode 291129919 series 2316496
By This is Oklahoma. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.

On this episode I chatted with Matt Thomas President at Smith & Pickel Construction. Matthew D. Thomas, an Oklahoma native born and raised on a farm in Chickasha, earned his bachelor’s degree in Construction Management at Oklahoma State University. His experience spans 20 years and ranges across all areas of construction from healthcare, office, retail, education, non-profit and multi-family construction. Matthew is both a leader in the workplace serving on 3 separate union boards as well as a devoted follower of Christ.

Smith & Pickel Construction, founded in 1976, celebrates its 45th anniversary this year. Providing construction management services in Central Oklahoma since 1984, which differs from the traditional approach to construction. Successfully completing 803 projects with a total contract value of $1.9 billion. Employing 65 people on a weekly basis, consisting of laborers, carpenters, operators, superintendents, project managers and support staff. In 2013, Matt Thomas became the sole owner and president of Smith & Pickel after being groomed for almost a decade by his predecessors, James Pickel and Sam Smith.

Because of their legacy devoted to the Oklahoma City community and impactful projects, 70% of their work comes from repeat clients, and the remaining 30% comes from direct referrals from clients and architects. Some of these repeat clients include: the entirety Chesapeake Energy’s campus, St Anthony’s, Casady Schools, Presbyterian Health, Mercy Health, Metro Tech, Oklahoma Christian, Oklahoma City University, Bob Moore Auto Group and Chisholm Creek.

For more information go to www.smithandpickel.com

This episode is sponsored by:

The Oklahoma Hall of Fame. Telling Oklahoma's story through its people since 1927. For more information go to www.oklahomahof.com and www.instagram.com/oklahomahof

RCB Bank. Since 1936, RCB Bank has offered progressive products and friendly service. Come in today to find out more about our loan promotion on new, used or refinanced cars, boats, campers and ATVs. Visit RCB Bank to learn more. www.rcbbank.com That’s my bank! With approved credit. Restrictions apply. www.instagram.com/rcbbank1936

#thisisoklahoma

358 episodes