Manage episode 281295813 series 107070
Nels and Vincent wrap up 2020 with a discussion of novel variants of SARS-CoV-2 that have emerged in the United Kingdom and South Africa, how to interpret the rapidly emerging genome sequence data and what to look for in the coming weeks as these variants spread across the globe.
Become a patron of TWiEVOLinks for this episode
- Preliminary genomic characterization of UK variant (virological)
- Clinical outcomes of infection with Orf8 variants (Lancet)
- Global Report Investigating Novel Coronavirus Haplotypes (GRINCH)
- South African SARS-CoV-2 lineage (medRxiv)
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Music on TWiEVO is performed by Trampled by Turtles Send your evolution questions and comments to email@example.com